The following policies govern access to and use of the Pearce Collections Museum and the including the and the .
2. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Navarro College faculty, staff, and administrators, including archival and library staff, are subject to the same rules of access and use as non-college affiliated researchers. Navarro College faculty, staff, and administrators may have unrestricted access only in the course of conducting college business or in the administration of the archives.
Research Resources and Restrictions
5. Restricted materials are periodically reviewed by archival staff to determine whether they can be opened for research.
6. Unprocessed collections are opened to researchers if the order and condition of the materials allow it.
Intellectual Access and Reference Service
8. Researchers requesting extensive research and reference service may find it necessary to hire an independent researcher.
10. For researchers unable to visit the Navarro College Archives, copies of documents may be acquired from the Archivist following completion and institutional approval of the Application for Research form. A written request specifying the material to be copied and the type of reproduction required should be submitted to the Archivist via e-mail, postal mail, fax, or by phone. The Archivist may refuse any request deemed to be so broad as to require an unreasonable amount of staff time.
Use of Information
13. By providing photocopies, photoreproductions, digital images, and electronic copies, Navarro College does not convey the right to publish or reproduce Navarro College Archives materials. Permission to publish must be obtained by completing and submitting to the Archivist or the Dean the . The form is available from the Archives website or from Archives staff.
14. Permission to publish may be denied if the use would compromise the integrity of the collection or violate donor requirements, copyright law, or the privacy of a living individual.
15. The Archives will, whenever possible, inform a researcher of parallel research by other individuals using the same materials; however, the Archives will not provide information about research plans or lists of sources consulted by other researchers. With the written permission of the researchers involved, the Archives may supply names upon request.
The copyright of these materials is managed by the Navarro College Archives on behalf of the Navarro College Foundation, 3100 W. Collin St., Corsicana, Texas 75110. Phone: 903-875-7438. Internet: email@example.com.